The Colored Giant (Gigantes) Beans from Kastoria are a Greek variety of high quality, beans with a unique color, due to the unique combination of microclimate, soil composition, and traditional farming techniques used (Certified cultivation under the Integrated Management Crop system). The area offers a perfect ecosystem with top quality soil and excellent climatic conditions for growing beans at an altitude of 650m to 700m. The soil is considered to be ideal with balanced pH and good drainage of the terrain. These dry giant colored beans are grown in small family farms, located around a gorgeous lake in Kastoria, in Northwest Greece. Farmers follow traditional cultivation methods with lot of manual work throughout the process of growing. These beans are certified by Agrocert and recognized as PGI products by the European Union (products with Protected Geographical Indication).
It is no wonder the colored beans' premium quality goes beyond anything mass-produced you have ever tried. Arosis is proud to call these beans "their own" because they embody their philosophy: to always produce goods of value, the right way, at the right time.
Arosis has had top quality and production practices since 1956.
Visit www.arosis.gr to see how sophisticated agricultural practices are put into use with respect to the ecosystem and the people involved.
- Soft and smooth colored beans.
- Rich and full taste even plain
- Serving size 1/4 cup (36g)
- About 12.5 servings per bag
- Check the recipe in the back of the paper
- Most friendly disinfection system with no use of chemicals
- Proudly produced in Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- Store in a clean and cool place
- Best if soaked for about 10 hours
- Rinse well before cooking
- Avoid exposure to moisture and sunlight
- Do not consume raw, or after expiration
- 100% Greek Giant Colored Beans "Gigantes"