Ravani or revani is a fine semolina cake, with orange or lemon flavor soaked in syrup. The syrup keeps the cake moist and flavorful, it will not crumble as easily as the plain cake would, and it balances the buttery texture of the flour and the acidity of the lemon. Can be served with coconut sprinkles and/or vanilla or masticha ice cream, but whipped cream is fine too.
Tip: Either the cake must be cool and the syrup warm, or the cake warm and the syrup cool, for the ravani to be perfectly soaked.
Company Jotis (Giotis SA) was founded in Athens, Greece in 1930, with the aim to produce children's and baby food from corn and rice, two crops abundant in Greece. The Company launched many different products though the years, all made from pure wheat, corn and rice ingredients, and is considered as the #1 Company in desserts and baby food in the consumer conscience of the people on Greece. With a long tradition in production and modern facilities located in Athens and Agrinio, the Company is able to support the export demand of the large range of products, like cake mixes, instant puddings, traditional desserts, and cocoa. They have also developed special products for specific countries like Fytrolac and JOTIS Baby Creams for China, and Cremilac Baby Creams for Egypt. The Company has been awarded repeatedly with distinctions in the retail market and super market, in corporate leadership, in achievements in the Greek Economy, and for century old products.
- Makes 10 portions
- Ready to bake in 5 minutes
- Package includes ravani powder mix, syrup and baking tin
- Just add 3 eggs, 100g (3.5oz) butter or margarine, 100ml (3.5 fl oz) milk, 200g (7oz) sugar
- Product of Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- May contain traces of nuts, peanuts, soy and products if thereof
- Keep in a cool and dry place
- Ravani powder mix: wheat flour, wheat semolina, corn starch, raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), whole milk powder, artificial flavors (vanillin, lemon)
- Syrup: glucose syrup, coloring: b-carotene