The soft nougat with honey and almond, also known as Mantolato, is very popular in the island of Zakynthos and its origins come from the time that the island was occupied by Venetians; mandola means almond in Italian. Try this traditional sweet and you will love its soft texture that melts in the mouth, and the combination with the crunchy almond that provides the body with nutrients.
Family business Melissaki-Kapnisis was founded in 1979 in the Ionian Island of Zakythos, and in 1990 its operations moved to a property-owned 2,000 m2 establishment. Melissaki products are traditional confectionery products such as loukoumi (jelly sweets), pasteli (sesame seeds bars), mantolato (soft nougat bars) and mandola (caramelized almond bars). All sweets are made in modern machines with the finest ingredients, no preservatives are used, and the final product is carefully packaged by modern equipment.
- 8 small soft nougat squares, individually wrapped
- Nougat squares are sealed in airtight bags
- Product of Zakynthos, Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- Keep in a cool and dry place
- Contains eggs, almonds
- Unopened bags will keep the product in a perfect condition
- honey, sugar, glucose, egg whites 3%, almonds 30%, vanilla