Giant beans in onion and tomato sauce are a Greek traditional meal-favorite for winter, for generations. Canned giant beans are a constant favorite for mountaineers and hikers, because they provide them with the energy needed for winter sports, and are ready to eat. Palirria cans with giant beans are ready to serve and consume, or can accompany any meal as a side. Especially during lent and Ash Monday, giant beans are a fasting food, combined with taramosalata and lagana (the flat bread traditionally baked for Ash Monday).
Company Palirria was founded in 1957 on the island of Evia, by the entrepreneur Antonis Souliotis, and its main purpose was the production and distribution of traditional ready-to-eat meals. In 1992 Palirria was relocated to its privately owned technologically advanced production facilities and modern offices, and, as already holding the leadership position in the local market, the company focused on exports with the establishment of a subsidiary in Bulgaria.
Palirria is the leading Greek exporter of canned, ready-to-eat meals, and proudly holds the position of No 1 Dolma producer in the world, with awards like the Great Taste Award 2013 (UK), and the Superior Taste Award 2014 & 2016, by the International Taste & Quality Institute in Brussels.
Palirria's products are exported in more than 50 countries around the globe, and the total annual production is more than 17.500 tons.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Ideal meal for excursions and mountain hikes
- Sterilized product
- Ready to eat
- Product of Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- Contains soy oil and sulphites
- May contain traces of celery
- After opening keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Giant beans (cooked) 65%, tomato sauce 28% [water, onions, dehydrated onions (antioxidant: potassium metabisulfite), tomato paste, peeled tomatoes, salt, dill, sugar, parsley, red pepper, black pepper], soy oil