Hylopitaki (the square pasta) is the original Greek pasta to make the traditional "giouvetsi", the oven pasta with veal. Vlaha's hylopitaki is produced with the purest material and it is stretched by hand, to give the final product its texture and taste. Try it boiled with grated halloumi or kefalograviera and toss it in the oven for a few minutes, or make giouvetsi and add grated mitzithra. The combination of the square pasta with milk and eggs will give you a full meal of pleasure!
Company Vlaha SA was established in 1965 by the Bekiaris family and has been producing pasta from pure raw material with love and care. They keep the same family recipe from the 60's to produce the gourmet pasta that keeps its taste untainted by time. Vlaha SA applies a food safety management system according to EN ISO 22000:2005 standards.
- Square cut pasta with eggs and fresh milk
- Good source of proteins and fresh milk
- Recipe in the back of the bag
- Long expiration date (>1.5 years)
- Product of Corinth, Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- Cook pasta for 7-9 minutes
- Keep in a cool and dry place
- Durum wheat semolina, fresh pasteurized whole milk (170g per kg of semolina), eggs (2.5-3 eggs per kg of semolina), salt (2% max)